Hitting the banks of the Waesmere syndicate in Belgium on Friday, Solar Tackle team member Wesley Lagaert managed 4 bites in under 24-hours, the biggest fishing being an old mirror that tipped the scales at 33lb 6oz.
“I had 4 bites from Friday night until Saturday morning,” explains Wes. “So, there wasn’t much sleep involved!
“I lost a small one at the net and, frustratingly, lost a real good ‘un shortly after due to a very odd occurrence.
“Things picked up after that though and I landed a 28lb 10oz common and then a really old mirror of 33lb 6oz”.
“On Saturday morning I headed home with mixed feelings, but decided to get the rods out for Saturday night on the Integra syndicate near my home. By 1am I’d landed 4 carp, all good twenties, but I was so tired that I reeled in and went to bed. Is that a sign of getting old or what?!
All of the bites came over a bed of TunaMino boilies with a snowman hook bait with a Chilli Club pop-up.
Latest posts by News Desk (see all)
- Koi herpesvirus (KHV) at Bierley Woods Waters, West Yorkshire - August 3, 2016
- Angling Direct Store In Reading Due To Open In September - August 3, 2016
- Waesmere Thirty For Wes Lagaert - August 3, 2016
- The Yo Yo Automatic Fishing Reel – The Ultimate £5 Survival Tool - August 2, 2016
- Angling Gazette TV – The Carp Shed Episode 6 “PVA Mesh Mixes & Tactic” - August 1, 2016