- Scott Wilkinson found in the Thames on July 28th
- Post-mortem reveals blow to the head
- 16 & 17 year old boys arrested
Sad news reached the office today in which a post-mortem has confirmed that 48 year old Scott Wilkinson, who’s body was dragged from the Thames on 28th July, was in fact murdered.
The examination revealed that the angler and father had been brutally beaten over the head prior to ending up in the river. His rod, net and other angling gear was found abandoned on the bank side.
The incident happened near Waterside Drive in Walton on Thames, in an area opposite the Weir Hotel.
Among those arrested are boys of just 16 and 17 and police have taped off the area and launched an investigation codenamed operation “Briar”.
A family statement released through the Surrey police read:
“Scott, a son, brother, father and grandfather, was dearly loved and will be truly missed by all of his family and friends.”
All involved with the Angling Gazette would like to pass on our best wishes to his family. We’re sure the fishing community will be saddened to lose one of it’s own in such tragic circumstances.
Latest posts by Damien Swift (see all)
- Thames Angler Bludgeoned To Death By Teenagers - August 3, 2016
- CarpCraft – Fancy A Spot Of Virtual Carp Fishing? - August 2, 2016
- Could Anglers Be Spreading The Koi Herpesvirus (KHV) - August 2, 2016
- Angling Legends Series – Izaak Walton - August 2, 2016
- Angling Legends Series – Chris Yates - August 2, 2016