According to the Gov.UK website, the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science report an outbreak of KHV disease has been confirmed at Bierley Woods Waters, Rockhill Lane, Bierley, Bradford, West Yorkshire.
The site is now subject to statutory controls to prevent or limit the spread of the disease. The Fish Health Inspectorate (FHI) at Cefas, acting on behalf of Defra has issued a confirmed designation prohibiting the movement of fish to, from and within the fishery complex.
Fishery equipment disinfection and movement control measures are in place and anglers must ensure that they comply with all biosecurity measures within the designated area.
For more information on KHV and a recent study carried out on how anglers might be spreading the disease from fishery to fisher, please read our recent article HERE
Latest posts by News Desk (see all)
- Koi herpesvirus (KHV) at Bierley Woods Waters, West Yorkshire - August 3, 2016
- Angling Direct Store In Reading Due To Open In September - August 3, 2016
- Waesmere Thirty For Wes Lagaert - August 3, 2016
- The Yo Yo Automatic Fishing Reel – The Ultimate £5 Survival Tool - August 2, 2016
- Angling Gazette TV – The Carp Shed Episode 6 “PVA Mesh Mixes & Tactic” - August 1, 2016